Lavender Honey Lemonade
A special Mother's Day delight...
Share a little R&R with Mom this weekend and serving up some Lavender Honey Lemonade. Lavender is gorgeous aromatic herb that soothes the senses and assists with a many health problems; aids in insomnia, anxiety, headaches, depression, allergies, the common cold, stress, and skin irritations. So why not add a little to your lemonade and enjoy your time together…
- 5 cups water
- ½ - 1 cup raw honey, preferably local – adjust to taste.
- 1 Tbsp. dried, organic culinary lavender
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice, strained
- Purple food coloring – a few drops, optional
- Lemon Slices and Lavender petals to garnish, optional
- Bring 2 cups of the water to a boil. Remove from heat and add honey and lavender, stirring until the honey dissolves.
- Cover and allow mixture to step for up to 2 hours, (depends on your desired taste of lavender). Strain the liquid, pressing the lavender to make sure you get all of the juice into your mixture.
- In a large pitcher, combine the freshly squeezed lemon juice, lavender mixture and the remaining water.
- Add a couple of drops of blue or purple food coloring if you want more color than the lavender provides.
Posted on Mon, May 2, 2016
by Mary Wank filed under