I grew up thinking my oily, shine, cystic acne prone skin was a teenage thing. I couldn’t wait to get rid of it after high school, but when it followed me into college and then on to my career, I just couldn’t take it anymore. If this sounds like a page out of your book, trust me when I say you’re not alone.
Whether you’re fighting blackheads, whiteheads, stubborn cystic acne, large clogged pores or shiny greasy skin, we all have the same goal – get it under control.
So what works?
Natural remedies can be just as effective as those prescribed topical products, but more powerful. They also cost less and they don’t have all of those nasty side effects.
Targeted formulas are essential here at Natural Skin Revival, that’s what makes our products so effective. We want people to use skin care products that will give them the best results for their skin type.
If you have OILY ACNE prone skin, there's a good chance you have struggled with cleansing products that dry and irritate your skin and moisturizers that are heavy or too light.
We know this struggle well, so when we were formulating our facial skincare for oily skin, we didn't stop until we found the perfect combination of ingredients that would keep skin hydrated and moisturized while balancing the skin’s natural production of sebum, and reduce the shine without clogging pores to eliminate breakouts.
We selected lightweight non-greasy botanical oils, nourishing herbal extracts and other natural ingredients that absorb quickly to repair and heal blemishes, reduce scarring and dark spots, and to restore elasticity while conditioning and softening the skin.
When you use skincare that is specifically designed for your skin type, it really works for you. Here are our product picks for Oily Acne Prone skin:
The most effective way to manage oily skin is to cleanse your face both morning and night and always use a gentle cleanser like our Facial Cleansing Oil.
Our Facial Cleansing Oils remove impurities and makeup (even waterproof) without stripping the skin of its natural defenses or leaving any oily residue.
There is a misconception that oil creates more oil and leaves an oily residue. Oil cleansers bind with the existing oil (sebum) to unclog, remove and cleanse impurities.
They also balance out the oil production of your body; if the skin is too dry or agitated from harsh products, your body overcompensates by producing more oil. And, if your pores are clogged by too many ingredients, they can’t breathe and detoxify naturally.
Cleansing oils leave your skin feeling nourished and soft.
Our Facial Toning Mist for Oily Acne Skin will minimize pores and gently remove the last traces of dirt or dead skin leaving it revitalized and soft. We’ve formulated our toning mists to hydrate skin, increase circulation, regenerate healthy new skin cells faster, and improve your complexion, giving your face a healthy glow.
Facial Moisturizing Cream
Healthy hydration is essential for oily and acne-prone skin and while it may seem counter-intuitive to add oil to oily acne prone skin in an oil or cream, in fact it’s critical to do so to balance the production of sebum.
Our Facial Moisturizing Cream is a lightweight, non-greasy, power packed facial moisturizing cream that provides healthy hydration for oily and acne-prone skin. It’s formulated with zinc oxide and rich botanicals that contain vitamins and minerals that will help your complexion by:
- Balancing and normalizing the production of oil without clogging pores
- Controlling the shine and preventing more breakouts
- Soothing redness and irritation
- Reducing itching, inflammation and breakouts
- Repairing and healing blemishes and reducing scarring and dark spots
- Restoring elasticity while conditioning and softening the skin
Our Facial Cleansing Scrubs are primed with a creamy, moisturizing and cleansing natural base and enhanced with a blend of skin-refining powders and clay that rapidly remove dead skin cells, uneven patches, and signs of skin damage and discoloration. A blend of coconut milk, aloe, and botanical oils nourish and soothe without irritation, leaving skin soft and smooth. Fine lines and pores instantly diminish.
Pore Minimizing Mask
Our ready to use detoxifying creamy Pore Minimizing Mask is formulated with French green clay to treat blemishes and balances oil production. This incredible clay:
- Deeply exfoliates and clears pores for an intense cleaning
- Minimizes pore size
- Balances oil production
- Treats existing blemishes and gets rid of blackheads
- French Green Clay nourishes and soaks up excess oil without over-drying
- Anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR BEST OILY SKIN CARE ROUTINE
Other things to consider to control and help heal acne:
Stop using prescriptions for acne. They just don’t work and they cost way to much. The problem with them is they are just to drying and once you dry out your skin, your sebaceous gland just sends out more oil to rehydrate, which can give you that shiny greasy skin.
Watch what you eat. Studies have proven that certain foods can trigger acne by spiking your insulin, which in turn speeds up your hormones and the adrenal glands. Problematic foods include dairy, processed foods, refined carbohydrates, peanuts, and sugar. I still get cystic acne and it's triggered by consuming the following:
- Consuming foods that contain any type of soy ingredient (and unfortunately, soy seem to be in everything).
- Acidic wines (in general, white wines exhibit more acidity than red wines). I stick to semi-sweets and have no issues.
- Using to much oil, even healthy ones, especially salad dressing. Commercial salad dressings contain canola oil, even healthy ones, and for some reason my system reacts to it, so I make all of my own salad dressing and use olive and avocado oils.
- Fruits. In general I shy away from most fruit except lemons, limes, apples, pears, avocados, and tomatoes. Tropical fruits will cause huge cysts so I never eat them and I rarely eat berries unless they are wild picked.
- Peanuts, pumpkin seeds, walnuts all trigger major cystic acne for me and they also discolor my skin. I eat other nuts in moderation a few times a week with no problem.
Exfoliate, please! If you have moderate to severe acne and/or large pores use a gentle exfoliating cleanser to remove dead skin cells and help clean out those pores. For oily and acne prone skin, this can be done several times a week.
Use a facial mask - Applying masks and clays to the skin helps draw out oils and cleanses pores, but don’t overdo it or they can be over drying. If you apply them more than once a week, only apply them to problem areas, otherwise you can apply them all over.