Healthy Natural Dry Skin Remedies
Winter is on and this dry, cold air can wreak havoc on our extremities. Our hands and feet are more susceptible to the cold and therefore take the biggest beating. However, you don’t have to suffer through the season.
It’s important to understand that your skin requires some extra care and few product changes. Here are some prevention tips, product recommendations and valuable advice to keep your hands and feet feeling soft and looking healthy throughout the season.
- Limit Shower Time and use Cooler Water Temperature
- Use a High Quality Body Cleansers: Commercial cleansers contain chemicals that dry and strip the skin of its natural oils (sebum). Goat’s Milk Soap and Cleansing Oils clean the skin without stripping it. They soothe and soften the skin as they repair and replenish. In addition, these high quality cleansers eliminate the itch, reduce the redness and inflammation, while balancing the production of sebum. SHOP GOAT'S MILK SOAPS
- Remove Dead Skin: We recommend a gentle weekly “exfoliation” to remove dry skin from your hands and feet. Our natural Sugar Whipped Scrub emulsifies into a creamy, cleanings scrub that gently and effectively exfoliates to remove dead surface skin cells, leaving the skin hydrated, silky-soft and smooth without feeling greasy, and it won’t leave an oily ring in your sink, tub or shower. SHOP SUGAR WHIPPED HAND AND FOOT SCRUB
- Use Oils and Salts While Soaking Feet: If you love to pamper your feet with an occasional foot soak, be sure to add bath oils or salts so that you don’t take away your hydration. Try adding a few drops of our Facial Cleansing Oil or mix in your moisturizer. Essential oils work wonders too; Peppermint will cool down hot aching feet, Tea Tree will help treat fungal infections, while Rosemary will help to warm cold feet and aid in circulation. SHOP FACIAL CLEANSING OILS
- ALWAYS Moisturize Your Feet and Hands After Your Bath or Shower and Before Bed: Use a rich, thick cream like our NEEM Cream, Whipped Shea Body Butter, or our Solid Foot Lotion Stick that are formulated to soothe, soften, repair, rejuvenate and heal the skin. Cover your feet, (and hands, especially if they are cracked and bleeding) with some cotton socks/gloves and wear them overnight to help the skin absorb all of the nutrients of the moisturizer. SHOP LOTIONS, CREAMS, AND BUTTERS
- Take care of your nails: After you shower, push your cuticles back, clean under the nail and trim, straight across.
- Treat Athletes Foot and Refresh Hot & Tired
with an Invigorating and Cooling
Foot Spray Foot: Our Healthy Feet Foot Spray will relieve the itching and burning of athlete’s foot. It’s not just soothing, it’s antibacterial and stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation, moisturization, and protection, leaving your feet revitalized and silky-smooth, while controlling odors. SHOP HEALTHY FOOT SPRAY
- Get a Manicure & Pedicure Regularly: We use our hands and feet the most and we need to take care of them, MEN TOO! This isn’t just about pampering, it’s about self-care.
So know that you know how to take care of your skin in the winter...
Diabetes Foot Care
For more information please visit The American Diabetes Association
Posted on Wed, January 18, 2017
by Mary Wank filed under