Creamy Cole Slaw - Honey Dressing
This tastes just like the cole slaw served at popular restaurants, only loaded with additional veggies and honey instead of sugar in the dressing. It's excellent healthy summer side dish.
· 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
· 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped (I used a red onion for color)
· 1/2 cup celery, chopped
· 1 green pepper, chopped
· 1/4 cup chopped parsley
· 2/3 cup creamy salad dressing (I use Follow Your Heart Vegenaise Dressing, (Here)
· 3 tablespoons canola or sunflower oil
· 1 tablespoon white or rice vinegar
· 1 ½ tablespoon honey, preferably local
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· Pepper to taste (optional)
Combine the coleslaw mix, onion, celery, green pepper and parsley in a large bowl. Whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, honey, vinegar, and salt, in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Posted on Wed, May 25, 2016
by Mary Wank filed under