Ingredient Showcase - Why are we crazy about Chamomile?
Many of our products are formulated using Chamomile because of its amazing healing, antioxidant, cleansing, and moisturizing properties.
Benefits to the Skin
Research has shown that chamomile has many health benefits, but it’s also an effective and beneficial ingredient in skin care products. There are many active and powerful ingredients in chamomile that include the flavonoids apigenin, luteolin, and quercetin, and the volatile oils including alpha-bisabolol and matricin. These contribute to chamomiles anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and antioxidant properties.
- Relieve symptoms of eczema and psoriasis
- Calms inflammation, irritate, red and dry skin, as well as rashes, bedsores, sunburns and ulcers.
- Protects skin from free radical damage and suppresses the visible signs of aging.
- Soothing for sensitive skin, infants/children, and skin battered by medications or medical treatments like chemotherapy and radiation.
- Relieves itching associated with bug bites, rashes, eczema, or other skin irritations.
- Natural antiseptic and has antimicrobial properties - protects skin from infection.
- Boosts the immune system, speeding up the healing process
In any of our products below, chamomile can impart soothing, calming, and healing effects. Its antiseptic effects make it a good addition in cleansers, and its antioxidant effects are perfect in creams, lotions, butters, ointments and soaps and scrubs. Wherever you find it, you can be sure that chamomile will help your skin to emerge calmer and healthier than before.
Facial Moisturizing Creams
Natural Facial Scrub
Soothing Skin Ointment
Baby Body Lotion with Goat’s Milk
All Natural Baby Balm
Posted on Fri, May 13, 2016
by Mary Wank filed under