Brussel Sprout Pear & Walnut Salad with Orange Maple Dressing
This Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with walnuts, pear, cranberries is packed full of healthy, in-season flavor—perfect for the cool weather months! Omit the bacon, and you have yourself a vegan delight.
For the Orange Maple dressing:
- 3 tablespoons good apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup good olive oil
For the Salad:
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts, trimmed and finely grated
- 2 cups arugula or chopped kale
- 6 slices cooked smoked bacon, crumbled or chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries or currents (with no added sugar)
- 1 cup walnuts, course chopped
- cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
Combine the apple cider, orange zest, orange juice, Dijon, maple syrup, salt, pepper. Add the olive oil in a steady stream and whisk for a minute or two, until it becomes creamy-looking.
In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, greens, bacon, pear, dried fruit, walnuts and cheese. Add the dressing to the salad and toss together. Serve immediately or within a few hours of tossing.
Recipe by Natural Skin Revival. October 16, 2016
Posted on Sun, October 16, 2016
by Mary Wank filed under